To live a tension free life you must, I believe, to meaningfully limit yourself from things that otherwise could cause a lot of stress, while exposing yourself to relieving stimulation.
I wonder whether there are universal stressful things, or is it dependable on one’s individuality. Regardless, to live with optimal serenity you must seclude yourself, as much as possible, from sources of stress, even if it means giving up on specific ambitions and goals you were previously determined you will achieve, and that is even if it would mean disappointing people who had higher expectations from you.
Here are some other tips I am able to give:
1. Do not aspire to become rich, if you believe that money will answer all your problems, or will complete your quest for serenity; there could be richer people that are more stressed than you.
2. Avoid regularly listening to dramatic music if you do so. Find time to listen to calming music more than the former. Buy headphones that can block outside sounds to avoid stressful stimuli.
3. Find time to rest or even nap.
4. Don’t make decisions that you are likely to regret once committed.
5. Find time to be alone and do whatever you want; it will be a quality time with yourself.
6. Find ways to relieve your already existent stress; it could be working out, or expressing yourself through art or writing, for example.
7. Don’t let business you need to do wait until the last moment; that last moment can be very stressful. Finish what you need to do to liberate yourself from those stressful moments before they’ll begin.
8. Between a high-paying job and a sufficiently-paying job, choose the one that has the least stress, even if it would mean getting less money.
9. Don’t do freelance jobs; it is less likely that you’ll be paid, since if you don’t you’ll have to make a “crusade” to make your clients finally pay, and sometimes they’d be able to avoid paying you at all.
10. Try to get as less loans as possible; they should be a last option.
11. Surround yourself with friends that are tolerant towards you and will not, or will less likely, to put you in a state of peer-pressure than your existent friends. If you don’t see the need to socialize, don’t, since social life can be stressful as well.
12. Preserve or develop your health to prevent future worries, even if it would mean taking a few days off work. When it comes to mental health, find someone you can talk to in the depths of things, even if it won’t be a psychologist if you’re unable to afford it.
13. Seek peace among the people that are in your life. Don’t get yourself into unwanted conflicts if you’re able to prevent them.
14. If you are in a relationship and you’re finding yourself suffering more than enjoying it, break up. Relationships aren’t created for suffering, but sometimes they inevitably are.
The more you`ll implement these advices in your life, the likelier that you`ll be able to significantly reduce your stress levels.